Post 16 Transition
The gap between Level 2 (GCSE) courses and Level 3 (BTEC/AS) courses is widely acknowledged to be one of the greatest step ups in academic demand. To help bridge the gap between Level 2 and 3 courses we have put in place this series of Transition Activities to help support our students in successfully managing this process and achieving their full potential in our Sixth Form.
Over the sessions students will:
- begin to develop a new, more independent style of learning
- gain an indication of some of the early content that will be covered in the course
- have a taste of the nature of assessment in each subject
- begin to build positive relationships with Post 16 staff and other students they may not have known before
- be issued with a range of information to help them arrive fully prepared on day 1
- be given a ‘bridging task’ for each subject that needs to be completed over the summer and returned in September
- participate in a final group activity session focussing on developing skills and having some fun.
We look forward to welcoming all students who will be studying lessons at Crawshaw from September.
Following the success of the Transition Week in June 2012 we have uploaded the Post 16 Transition Handbook, Post 16 Student Equipment list and the Transition Tasks set by each department during Transition Week to be completed for the start of term in September. Please use the links below to access the files for the listed departments. Students will be required these completed tasks in for the first lesson in September.
Business Studies (presentation)
Business Studies (slides)
If as a parent / carer, you have any queries regarding Post 16 Transition, please contact Mrs Potter in the Post 16 admin office who will be happy to provide further help / clarification.
More information about Post 16 Transition will be posted here and referred to in the e-Bulletin accordingly.